Spending a month in the Big Apple is going to be So. Much. Fun. (Wait, it already is!) And to make it extra fun I created a little bucket list of all the (mostly cheesy) things I absolutely want to do while I am there.
Here goes my New York bucket list.
1. Go to the Hamptons. Sure, I am only going to New York for 32 days (and time flies when having fun!), but I want to feel like a real New Yorker for a bit. If that means going to the Hamptons, then going to the Hamptons is what I will do.
2. Visit the Guggenheim. Seriously, I have been to the city more times than I can count on one hand and yet I have never been to the Guggenheim. How? Why?
3. Walk the Brooklyn Bridge. In search of ice cream. Ok, I have done the first part, but I never finished and never really went for an ice cream. This time I will and I will grab the biggest cone available.
4. Eat my way through Chelsea Market. Food is one of my favorite hobbies (the eating part, not the cooking). Enough said.
5. Have a picnic at Central Park. Or anywhere else in the city. I do this quite often at home in Amsterdam and it’s one of my favorite summer things. Sometimes everyone brings their favorite dish, but the best ones are the spontaneous ones.
6. Send my friends a postcard. A real one, not an e-card.
7. Take a photo a day. At least one, everyday. How fun would it be to collect them all in a little book?
8. Get lost. Everyday? Though this one won’t be easy with Google Maps being available at all times. Hmm, maybe I should try leaving my phone at ‘home’ for a day?
9. Sleepover at the American Museum of Natural History. This is not a joke. Oh, if only I was a 12-year old (only 12-year olds are allowed), I would SO do this!
10. Watch a movie outdoors. Preferably in some park. It is just so super romantic (even if I have to do it all by myself), watching a movie under a star filled sky on a sultry summer evening.
Any tips that I should add? (I’ve done all the super touristy things before…)