I didn’t go to the Acne Studios show in Paris, but went for a re-see (or in my case, a first-see after a quick glimpse of the show on Style.com) at their temporary showroom instead. The perks of doing a re-see is the ability to see the collection from up close, touch all the fabrics and hear the story behind every single piece.
Ok, and sometimes secretly try some on. Shhh!
It is funny because back in LA I saw Jonny Johansson catch a wave on his surfboard in Venice Beach (stalker much?) a day before their store opening in Downtown and that is exactly what he was inspired by for this bold collection, the ocean.
This sweater dress and wrap blanket with a print based on the movement of water and these cool unfinished hems that I always (al-ways!) seem to fall for being his personal favorite.
Also, how do we feel about the shoes? Great for the runway but a bit too clownesque for the streets? I think probably some cool Swede will be able to rock them, like they always do…
Tags: Acne Studios, Paris Fashion Week, Showroom
Posted on March 7th, 2014, in
Posted on February 26th, 2014, in
After saving a friend from getting run over by the 100+ photographers walking backwards trying their best shot at Kendall Jenner (seriously, I was so happy to not be wearing heels!) I quickly got in the Topshop Unique venue, grabbed a bite (they always serve food, yuhummm) and sat down right before Beyoncé’s Who Run The World started to play.
Though thick anthracite puffer jackets on below the knee length skirts and oversized cozy plushy coats worn over see-through barely nothing is not something we haven’t seen before, Topshop Unique knows exactly what women (or should I say girls) want nów and catered to those needs with a stunning mix of textures at their runway show.
According to the high street brand, I can certainly keep the turtlenecks on top of my cupboard for the moment – as I seem to be exactly on trend – throw a million layers in different materials (though preferably in the same tone) on top and then buckle it all up with a leather belt at the waist.
Ok, so I/we want it now, but if we’re still going to want all of this next Fall/Winter? I am not 100% sure…
What do you think?
Tags: Fashion Show, London Fashion Week, Topshop Unique
Posted on February 19th, 2014, in
Fashion Week is fun et all, but it is hard work too. Though the catwalk photographers are the true working horses of the whole happening, some of my days, too include 15+ hours of running from show to show and an occasional meeting in between. To easily survive this month of fun and terror, trial and error and – especially this season – finding the right balance between attending shows and presentations, going backstage and shooting streetstyle, I came up with a list of personal rules.
My 10 commandments of Fashion Week, winter style.
1. Don’t go bare legged – or bare midriff’d for that matter – unless you are a polar bear and therefor used to the cold ór you want to have a snotty nose for the rest of the marathon.
2. Don’t wear heels. That is unless you have a driver or are immune to pain.
3. Break in your new shoes at home. Brand new leather is stiff and can pop up at least 5 blisters in 15 minutes. I am speaking from experience.
4. Listen to your mom and eat loads of fruit, before you set foot in Paris and all you will want to eat is their bread. And their pain du chocolat.
5. Pre-plan everything you will wear from day to night. It sounds ridiculous but this way you won’t overpack ánd you’ll get an extra 10-20 minutes of sleep in the morning instead of trying to figure out what to wear.
6. Make wherever you are staying feel like home. Whether it is a scented candle, your favorite tea or a daily Skype conversation with someone back at home, it keeps potential homesickness down to a minimum.
7. Carry around as less stuff as possible during the day. Heavy bags are a nightmare.
8. Cut down on the coffee. After a quick and short up, it will only bring you down. Carbs do the exact same.
9. Don’t bring anything that will crease very easily. Trust me, ironing is not going to happen.
10. Treat yourself when it is over. Get at least an hour long deep tissue massage (not really a treat, since it kind of hurts like hell) to get the shoulders back on track.
PS: I took this photo of Pernille‘s messenger bag on the second day of London Fashion Week.
Blazer, Acne Studios; Leather Top, Designers Remix; Bag, Balenciaga; Pants, Marni.
Tags: Bags, Balenciaga, London Fashion Week, Pernille Teisbaek, Street Style
Posted on February 18th, 2014, in
Posted on February 17th, 2014, in